For hiking enthusiasts, hiking backpack is almost one hand per person. Backpacks are required for hiking, camping and mountaineering activities.
A well-stocked backpack can make you feel comfortable while walking, keep your balance all the time, and won’t start to sway after a long trek.
There are three principles of packaging: easy to hold, balanced and as compact as possible (that is, occupying a smaller area as much as possible).
Therefore, it is not possible to directly put all kinds of messy equipment into the backpack, but to classify and store them, that is, to put the same items together, on the one hand, it saves space and is easy to find (that is, easy to hold); on the other hand, try to make Compressible items take up minimal space.
1. Commonly used items should be placed near the opening, and items used during camping should be placed inside;
2. Light and soft items are on the bottom, and heavy and hard items are on the top (items that cannot be pressed should be on the top). Putting heavy objects on top is beneficial to make the center of gravity of the backpack as close to the center of gravity of the human body as possible, and it is not easy to fatigue the muscles of the waist and abdomen.
3. Pay attention to the balance between the left and right sides of the backpack, and it cannot be heavy on one side and light on the other. At the same time, it should be noted that the tension of the two shoulder straps should be adjusted appropriately and equal.
4. The external items of the backpack are the tent on the top and the moisture-proof pad on the bottom. This is also the principle of the top heavy and the bottom light.
Generally, the weight of each person (counting the backpack’s own weight) should not exceed 1/3 of his body weight. If it exceeds this weight, it will cause damage to the knees. I may not feel it once or twice, but the damage accumulated over many years is very large. So we must understand the importance of lightening the burden.
The hiking backpack is very particular about packing items.
1. The general backpack is divided into top cover bags (used to carry rain gear, maps, snacks, etc.) from top to bottom. When such items are needed, it is very convenient to ask the companions to help them out.
2. Two side bags (used to carry some common items, such as water bottles, torches, toiletries, toilet paper, compass, emergency medicines, emergency food, sunglasses, gloves, small cameras, film, etc.).
3. The large bag (main bag) carries other important items (such as sleeping bags, change of clothes, tableware, etc.).
The correct way to pack
From the side of the backpack, first divide the cross section into upper and lower halves, with the lighter items on the bottom and the heavier items on the top, so generally speaking, the items below are sleeping bags or lighter items for changing clothes. , and then cut the upper half straight from the middle in half, the heaviest part is placed on the inside near the shoulder and neck, and the lighter part is placed on the periphery.
When packing the backpack, it is packed from bottom to top, loaded layer by layer, the left and right weights should be the same, and there should not be too large gaps when loading, so as not to affect the stability of the backpack, these are the big principles.
The small principle is to make slight adjustments according to the usage habit. For example, raincoats and pants are light, but when the rain comes, in order to take them quickly, it is recommended to put them near the top pocket. It is better to put them first when packing. Put a layer of large black plastic bag inside the backpack, which can be effectively waterproof and does not affect the taking of things.
In addition, remember that when the backpack is packed, be sure to tighten all the straps, which is of great help to the stability of the center of gravity of the backpack. If it is not necessary, do not take things from the middle of the backpack, which will easily damage the original backpack. The focus of packaging.
When the backpack is packed, place the backpack on the ground. Except for the special shape of the backpack and the addition of external items, whether the backpack can stand upright is a reference indicator for whether the backpack is packed correctly.
How to put items in a hiking backpack
1. Put the sleeping bags, pillowcases, sleeping pads, etc. in the lower part of the backpack. After the tent poles are stored with straps, they are placed inside the backpack vertically.
2. On the sleeping bag, the heaviest equipment should be placed, such as cooking utensils, oil stoves, oil tanks, pots, dry food and other items. Remember to keep the part that touches the back a flat surface that you can snuggle against, and avoid leaning your back against angular objects.
3. Put clothes, shoes and other items into the remaining space in the backpack one by one. If there is a special place to place the water bag, you can place the water bag. If the backpack has side pockets, place the water bottle. Others such as mountaineering Tools such as sticks and crampons should be placed on the outer hanger of the backpack respectively;
4. Frequently used items such as mobile phones, GPS, snacks, etc. can be placed in the special compartment on the top of the backpack, or in the pockets on the belt;
Backpack, upper back method
Since a full pack is heavier, you should learn how to carry the pack on your own.
First, it is the easiest way to put it on the back on the high platform, or put the backpack on your right leg with your right hand, put your right hand first, stand up and then put your left hand (left or right depends on individual body).
Put on the backpack, fasten the lower shoulder straps, simply estimate the length of your back, and then adjust the shoulder straps so that the inward curved part of the straps is parallel to the underarms, and adjust the straps to maintain a certain appropriate distance from the backpack, approximately At least 5CM or more. Also adjust the back straps of the pack so that the pack is in the highest position, above the shoulders.
To adjust it to suit your carrying height, sometimes it is even necessary to take out the support bar in the carrying system and bend it to the curvature that best fits your body. Adjust the height of the center of gravity adjustment belt so that the angle between it and the shoulder belt is about 35 degrees.
Attach the shoulder straps to raise the pack’s center of gravity. Tighten the shoulder straps, adjust the belt to reduce the burden on the waist, and finally adjust the length of the shoulder straps to the most comfortable length. The shoulder straps should secure the pack just below the top of your shoulders. From there, they should become a coat that fits tightly around your shoulders. The bottom of the strap should leave at least the width of your palm under your armpit so it doesn’t shrink up. If these straps don’t match the contours of your neck and shoulders, they will pinch you and leave you with bruises.
Organize backpack experience sharing
1. Put bulky and highly compressible equipment, such as sleeping bags and down jackets, into special bags with drawstring ties and exhaust air as much as possible to reduce the volume. You can even purchase special compression bags for compression. ; For example, non-compressible equipment such as sleeping pads, but easy to disperse and affect access, can be fastened with straps of suitable size to avoid dispersal.
2. Make good use of small bundle bags. You can look for them when you have time to visit mountaineering supplies stores or other stores. They don’t need to be too large. The openings with straps and meshes are the best.
There are three types of large, medium and small mesh straps. The large one is equipped with cameras and breathable clothes; the medium one is equipped with PILE, sleeping pad (Theam-A-Rest ultra-light sleeping pad), and feather vest; the small one is equipped with headlights and hooks , battery, compass, first aid kit, action food, whistle, swiss knife. Packed in different colors, it is easy to find, and the mesh structure is clear at a glance. The only disadvantage is that it is not waterproof.
3. The oil to remove stains must be placed upright. If it is packed in an MSR oil bottle, you can barely lock the bag and put it in the backpack. If it is a medium oil tin can or a homemade bottle, it must be placed On the outside of the backpack, don’t forget to write the words “stain removal oil” on the bottle body with an oil-based pen.
4. When dividing the grains into vegetables, wrap the newspapers together and put them on the upper layer of the backpack as much as possible, and do not squeeze them hard. If it’s onion, cabbage, or rhizomes, forget it. If it’s leafy vegetables, you’ll be waiting for a cauldron.
5. Don’t take food packaging that can be disassembled, such as the outer boxes of conditioning bags, biscuits, and candies, leave it at the foot of the mountain!
6. In the empty pot, you can place food, stove, gas cans, or wrap the eggs in newspaper and put them in the empty pot.
7. Try to bring the gas tank as small as possible, not too large. If it is too large, it is difficult to pack and the center of gravity is too high.
8. Commonly used items should be placed in the bag on the backpack, such as mobile food, headlights, maps, hats, towels, compass, backpack covers, lighters, Swiss knives, toilet paper, and other items, and it is best to classify and bag them so that they will not be the same. Open the upper bag and drop a lot of small things out.
9. No matter how waterproof the backpack is, most people will add a layer of plastic bag first when packing up the mountain. The method is to open the layered zipper of the sleeping bag at the bottom of the backpack first. The plastic bag used is preferably a large garbage bag. It is best for a person to stand in and squat down to cover it, because when you need to sleep in an emergency, this The bag may be your life-saving bag.
Put the sleeping bag, a set of spare clothes, and the warm clothes to be worn at the camp in a plastic bag and put them firmly on the bottom, and then look at the activity and place other items. When all the guys are on the backpack, don’t forget that there is a big one. The waterproof jacket of the backpack, don’t forget to take it.
10. Tie important items such as compass, survival whistle, and watch around your neck with a sturdy rope, which is the safest and easy to take. Backpacks can be lost in an accident, but things that hang around your neck are generally not lost. . For example, the SLR camera is installed in the camera bag and can be hung on the chest, so that there is more space, which is convenient for taking better pictures at any time.
Repacking for outdoor hiking and camping is a hassle and fun. Learning, knowing how to pack, and getting used to it, choose a comfortable way that suits your backpack, and get used to remembering the location of each item, so that you can get used to it. It is easy to use to find out, and to tell teammates the storage location of items in time to take out and use them during lifesaving.
Packaging is also different for men and women
There is also a little difference between men’s and women’s backpacks, because boys’ upper torso is longer and girls’ upper torso is shorter but legs are longer. When loading, boys’ weights are placed higher, because boys’ center of gravity is close to the chest cavity, and girls’ center of gravity is on the side. Lower down, close to your belly, with heavy items as close to your back as possible, so that the weight is higher than your waist.
In addition, there are many small details worthy of everyone’s attention. Before packing, be sure to loosen the external straps and shrink straps on the backpack, so that the space in the backpack can be fully deployed. When the items are full, be sure to tighten the shrink straps. , in order to strengthen the stability of the items in the bag. If the backpack fabric is thin or there are many external supplies, try to use the backpack cover to protect the equipment and the backpack as a whole. Of course, except for the local tyrants, it is not a loss. But for expensive backpacks, special attention is paid to protection.